Andhra Pradesh Food Processing Society (APFPS) has been established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh under The Andhra Pradesh Societies Act in November2012 to act as a nodal agency for development of Food Processing Sector in the State.
The Secretary to Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh is the Chairman of the Society. The Commissioner / Director in charge of allied sectors including Agriculture, Horticulture, Marketing, Animal Husbandry and KVIC are the members of the society.
The Main Objective Of The Society are:
- Enhancing and stabilizing the income level of the farmers.
- Achieving integration of the food processing infrastructure from farm to market.
- Making the food processing sector attractive for both domestic and foreign investors.
- Making food processing is all season activity.
- Undertaking Capacity building & Promotional activities.
- Providing Quality check facility.
- Providing Marketing assistance to producers.
- Reduction of Agricultural waste.
- Enhancing the competitiveness of food processing industry in both domestic as well as international markets.
Sri Mukesh Kumar Meena ,IAS
Secretary to government ( Food processing) ,
Industries and commerce department .
Sri Mukesh Kumar Meena ,IAS, is a Secretary to government (Food processing) , Industries and commerce department.
“To be global leader in Food Processing domain by Agri and allied produce value enhancement, Increasing efficiency, waste minimization, Governance and Institutional support by 2029 “
- Develop commodity-based clusters to enable a focused and planned approach to develop the food processing industry through a coordinated approach between government departments.
- Identify and bridge existing infrastructure gaps affecting the food processing industry.
- Promote innovation, research & development in the industry and ensure continuous technology up gradation.
- Undertake capacity building and enhance competitiveness of food processing industry in both domestic and international markets.
The APFPS has a clear goal of attaining these objectives by facilitating and acting as a catalyst to attract quality investments from within India and abroad into this sector with the aim of making food processing a national initiative. With this overall objective, the APFPS aims at:
- Better utilization and value addition of agricultural produce for enhancement of income of farmers
- Minimizing wastage at all stages in the food processing chain by the development of infrastructure for storage, transportation and processing of agro-food produce
- Induction of modern technology into the food processing industries from both domestic and external sources
- Provide policy support, and support for creation of Infrastructure, capacity expansion/ Up gradation and other supportive measures form the growth of this sectors
- Promote export of processed food products.
1.Secretary to Govt., (Food Processing)Chairman
2.Commissioner of IndustriesMember
3.Deputy Secretary to Govt., Ind & Com. DeptMember
4.CEO, Khadi & Village Industries BoardMember
5.Addl/Joint/Deputy Secretary to Govt., Fin. Dept.Member
6.Commissioner / Director of AgricultureMember
7.Commissioner / Director of HorticultureMember
8.Director of Animal HusbandryMember
9.CEO, AP Food Processing SocietyConvenor